For a comprehensive labour solution that protects you the employer …think TLC.
The Labour Counsel offers unique HR, IR & ER services to companies that effectively remove the risks associated with this area of your business, instead of simply attempting to limit them.
THE RIGHT ADVICE, FIRST TIME
The Labour Counsel, uses only specialist attorneys and advocates and we ensure that you get the right advice the first time. Your contracts will be drafted by expertise, no guesswork and you will have a professional litigator assisting you from when a process starts, rather than when it is too late. By furthermore, having a single point of contact, management and accountability, we are able to offer a highly expedited, efficient and hassle free service.
PROVIDING YOU PEACE OF MIND SO YOU CAN FOCUS ON YOUR BUSINESS
- We will reduce your Company’s CCMA case load by at least 80% within the first year of engaging our services.
- We eliminate the stress associated with technical labour matters and you will be assured of compliance with the governing labour legislation.
- Your Human Resources will have greater availability to complete their key functions and the performance of your staff will be optimised.
- You will be able to properly budget for all the legal assistance you require.
- You will have an expert available 24 hours a day to assist with any labour related issues and you will be able to trust the legal advice you are given.
OUR PRODUCTS & SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Outsourced human resources and industrial relations management
- Representation in the CCMA, Bargaining Council and Labour Court by a specialist, registered attorney and/or advocate
- Independent chairing of disciplinary inquiries
- Employment guides for startups and small enterprises
- Tailor-made employment contracts
- Client-specific policies
- Industry-specific disciplinary codes
- Drafting and issuing warnings
- Drafting and issuing of all formal employee notices
- Review of all disciplinary action
- Managing operational restructuring
- SLA management
- TES management
- LRA compliancy testing
- Review and optimisation of existing HR documentation
- Management of retainer law firms
- Oversight of labour consultancies
- Mutual interest dispute management
- Management of all CCMA/Bargaining Council documentation
- Debt collection
- Collective bargaining negotiation
- Adverse arbitration award indemnity
- Live HR support
- Labour compliancy certification
- Extensive and detailed employment handbooks
- Human resources training
- Specific disciplinary process training
- Managing dismissals for misconduct or incapacity
- Minimising trade union involvement
- Separation of Conciliation and Arbitration processes at the CCMA/Bargaining Council
- Management and argument of all Condonation and Rescission applications
- Training on CCMA/Bargaining Council litigation
- Comprehensive preparation of company witnesses for CCMA/Bargaining Council litigation
- Review of any adverse arbitration awards
- Applications to stay writs of execution
- Applications for strike interdicts, declarations, etc.
- Appeals to the Labour Appeal Court, Supreme Court of Appeal and/or Constitutional Court
- Any ancillary civil or criminal proceedings
GET IN TOUCH
The Labour Counsel ensures that your HR concerns become a thing of the past.
We believe in a proactive problem solving approach; eliminating problems before they occur and working with our clients to increase their ability to outperform their competition. Service excellence is guaranteed.